Disneyland is having quite the party, thanks to the Diamond Celebration commemorating Disneyland’s 60th anniversary this year. Special events, a gorgeous castle makeover, a stunning new night parade, updates to rides, and of course, fun celebratory foods are all a part of the experience.
While these fries at Cafe Orleans aren’t around just for the celebration (in fact, they’re something of a classic dish), they are certainly worth munching on!
Not your typical boring fries, they’re tossed with Cajun seasoning, garlic, and cheese to make them something truly special. The Cajun remoulade, which is both sweet and spicy (and a lot like that dipping sauce you get with blooming onions), is the perfect partner to these crunchy appetizers.
I mean seriously, look at the pictures and tell me how it’s possible to resist them… Even my non-spice loving kids could not get enough of these and that creamy sauce!
Pommes Frites with Cajun Remoulade – Cafe Orleans
- Author: TheDisneyChef.com
- Recipe type: Appetizer
- Cuisine: As is served at Cafe Orleans, Disneyland Park
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4 servings
- Pomes Frites
- oil, for frying
- 16 ounces frozen French fries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon Cajun (Old Bay) seasoning
- ⅓ cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- course salt to taste
- Cajun Remoulade
- ½ cup Thousand Island dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon very finely chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun (Old Bay) seasoning
- Dash of paprika
- Dash of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare French fries, heat oil in a large pot until oil is about 375 degrees, or a French fry sizzles when added to the oil. Fry in small batches for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oil and allow to drain on paper towels. Blot carefully to remove extra oil. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with Cajun seasoning, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. Serve warm with chilled Cajun remoulade.
- To prepare remoulade, combine all ingredients with a whisk. Season to taste and chill until ready to serve.